The Loveumentary podcast is back for Season 3!
This season we're 100% dedicated to helping you create a vibrant, fulfilling, connecting sex life. I've invited one of my best friends, Kristin Hodson, LCSW and Certified Sex Therapist to be my cohost.
Together we're going to tackle the most commonly asked questions about sex. In every episode, we'll give you at least one thing you can do TODAY to make your relationship more extraordinary.
We hope you tune in every week... and more importantly, we hope you take action!
Your life can't change, and your marriage won't improve unless you do what's required to get the results you want.
In today's episode, we'll start with the basics. If you want a better sex life, you have to be able to talk about sex. We spent hours putting together an awesome 7-page guide called "How To Talk To Your Partner About Sex." In the guide, we go over mistakes to avoid, and techniques that will help you feel more confident and comfortable.
Just type in your name and email below and we'll send it to you asap!
Get Your Free Guide!
This will help you master everything we covered in today's podcast!
The following time stamps are for the video version of the podcast:
- 1:10 - Sex is a skill!
- 1:50 - "Take advantage of every opportunity to practice your communication skills so that when important occasions arise, you will have the gift, the style, the sharpness, the clarity, and the emotions to affect other people." -Jim Rohn
- 2:20 - Practice when things are easy so you have the skill when things get hard.
- 4:04 - Why do people struggle to talk about sex
- 5:15 - It's hard to ask for what you want, and easy to complain about what you hate.
- 6:50 - How do you even start talking about sex?
- 7:45 - The secret codes we create rather than talking...
- 8:30 - "Let's talk about how we want to talk about sex."
- 9:20 - Set up ground rules and boundaries to help determine how you want the conversation to go.
- 11:30 - If conversations about sex have always been hard, get curious as to why.
- 12:00 - Combining your sexual story, your partner's sexual story, and the story of your partnership can get complicated.
- 13:50 - How to have the conversation before the conversation
- 16:00 - Ground rules to set for having a conversation about sex
- 19:20 - Keep your bedroom sacred
- 20:00 - VAGINA! (Practice saying words that make you uncomfortable...)
- 22:00 - How to give positive feedback that makes your partner want to improve
- 23:25 - Set a timer so you don't spiral out of control
- 26:30 - The importance of making repair attempts
- 27:00 - Put time on the calendar to talk about it
- 28:10 - Learn to tolerate discomfort for growth!
- 29:00 - Aging is not a choice, but maturing is...
- 30:05 - The 1% Club