Why I Loved Witnessing Their Love
There are a lot of things to love about Wes and Tera. So many things. But the thing that still makes me well up is hearing Tera express how much she loves and adores her husband.
("I marred WES WAGES!")
You can see the excitement at the beginning of this video... which made me cry. I'm not even a little ashamed to admit it. (You should absolutely watch it.)
Wes and Tera are so protective of their love. They care for it. They esteem it as something sacred.
They create rules in their marriage that facilitate trust and connectedness. Upon hearing this episode, some people might think that the rules they've set are overly-strict. But what many people don't realize is that it's the boundaries and rules that you agree on as a couple that make a relationship workable and safe.
I love how intentionally Tera and Wes have crafted their relationship to protect themselves and each other from threats. They have an understanding that if you can honor the small promises, you never have to worry about the big promises being broken.
If you take anything away from this, let it be that when you create and honor your promises, your relationship works.
[jbox title="Show Notes:" border="5" radius="15"]Wes and Tera are as sweet as can be. They are talented, loving and compassionate. You will love this interview. Check out their amazing documentary skills at Armosa Films. Also, on a side note, in this episode I say that Wes and Tera are in Georgia... I am wrong. They are from Alabama. Florence... across the river from the infamous Muscle Schoals baby! Ok... thanks, enjoy these notes:
- The first time Wes and Tera dated... and then broke up. (3-10m)
- Pursuing your dreams... like being a ballerina as a 19-year-old surrounded by 13-year-olds. (13m)
- Taking time to discover yourselves as a couple and as individuals before you can have a deeply intimate relationship. (19m)
- Getting married and realizing how little you know about the person you know everything about. (27m)
- The things that you think will be easy sometimes aren't as easy as you think. You assume some things will come naturally to you... but they sometimes require more work that you thought. (28m)
- Saving sex for marriage. (30m)
- How they choose to manage finances. (38m)
- Marriage isn't as hard as people make it out to be, but you have to take precautions to keep your heart pure for each other. (44m)
- Take care of the small things, and the big things don't become a problem. (45m)
- Working together as business partners. (48m)
- Tera's love advice. (51m)
- What does it look like to be in a state of preparedness or readiness for commitment? (56m)
- 5 Love Languages interview with Gary Chapman. (59m)
- Seeing a man treat his fiancee without love or care. (1h 1m)
- The fear of new couples about to get married. (1h 3m)
- How to tell if you've got the "It Factor" as a couple. (1h 5m)
- There is huge value in experiencing new things together! And the worst day of Wes's life. (1h 9m)
- How have you maintained your individuality? (1h 15m)
- There's no such thing as the perfect person. (1h 20m)